We have found the following to be valuable tools on our journey. We give these as gifts based on the needs of the receiver. I thought I would share.
For engagement, a couple needs to truly understand that marriage is a lifetime covenant, not to be broken or taken lightly. We highly recommend counseling that includes:
- “Covenant Marriages” Counseling Course, booklet 12 from Institute in Basice Life Principles
- “The True Significance of the Wedding Covenant” from Institute in Basice Life Principles
- “Marriage: Understanding the Biblical Foundations” from Institute in Basic Life Principles
Married couples need greater understanding in their responsibilities & individual roles as husband and wife. This includes knowledge in how vital prayer is to a successful marriage.
- “Created to be His Helpmeet” by Debi Pearl
- “Power of a Praying Wife” by Stormie Omartian
- “Power of a Praying Husband” by Stormie Omartian
- “This Momentary Marriage: A Parable of Permanence” by John Piper
- “Experiencing a Fulfilled Marriage” message by Mrs. Patricia Ashley
- “God’s Design for Intimacy” message by Tommy Nelson
- We like to give keyring oil vials full of Hyssop anointing oil from Abba Oil Company. We are commanded to anoint and pray for others. Doing this for your spouse is the most powerful thing you can do.
- We also love the Covenant, Hyssop, & Cedars candles from Abba Oil. Having your home produce an aroma that’s pleasing to the Lord is a wonderful experience. We highly encourage you to see their website and read the meaning behind each scent.
- “Love & Respect” by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs
Parents can benefit from
Great resources for women include
- “Lies Women Believe” by Nancy Leigh DeMoss
Great miscellaneous resources:
- “The Pineapple Story” by Otto Koning
- “The Final Quest” by Rick Joyner
- “Hinds Feet on High Places” by Hannah Hurnard
- “Redeeming Love” by Francine Rivers
- “Pilgrim’s Progress” by John Bunyan
- Lamplighter.net for character-building books